Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekly Weigh-In

175.5 - I lost 4 pounds in my "OFF" week! I splurged on food and ran only once. Pretty pleased that rest is a good thing.

One of my favorite Seinfeld episodes is The Summer of George. George is given a severance package and he decides to spend the entire summer doing what he's always wanted to do - like read a book and playing frolf, golf with a frisbee.



Starting this month, I'm declaring this summer, The Summer of Ward. I've reached my second goal (176) and I've been given a nice little severance package - a 4% lead over second place. I also don't have an assignment of working at YL camp for a month. I don't need to lose any more weight and I'm very comfortable with my size right now.

Your opinions have been heard - "JB needs to stop losing weight. He's getting TOO skinny." While some of you have said this to encourage/flatter me, I know others have said it in actual concern. As I have alluded in almost everyone one of my earlier posts - my goal is not skinny; my goal is healthy.

So, too ease myself into the Summer of Ward, I'm going to finish this competition strong and on my terms! I will not let myself go. I want to WIN and do it convincingly.


My consistent goal has been to lose 2 lbs a week. I'm going to cut that in half. Lose just a pound a week which will put me just over 170 by the end of the competition - nearly 60 lbs lost! Woah.

All of that being said, I'm going to eat what I want and drink what I want. My biggest fear has been the maintenance phase. Sure, I've been successful getting healthy over 4 months. Let's see if I can do it the rest of my life. The most noticeable thing about this past life-changing season is that my "wants" have totally altered. I know longer want to eat as much as I can as often as I can. I use to be a "quantity over quality" eater. I have now flipped that and look forward to a lifestyle of quality.

If all else fails, there is one thing I know for sure. The Summer of Ward will definitely contain Frolf!

2 comments:

  1. Love the Summer of Ward! YAHOO! You are looking HEALTHY...

    ReplyDelete